Over 20 years of writing experience in preparing many types of business and educational materials, including training curriculum, project proposals, letters, reports, operating procedures, web content and online articles. Worked for corporations and in higher education in a variety of functions, including training and development, engineering, consulting, technical services and management.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Developed extensive written communication skills while serving in engineering, technical service, supervisory and public service positions.
- Responsible and thorough researcher capable of gathering data needed to complete projects.
- Experienced in preparing personal and business communications, including: resumes, cover letters, personal bios, technical reports, process and operating manuals, training programs, marketing materials, safety and environmental documents and other materials as needed to help clients compete and maintain successful operations.
- Excellent communicator who can build rapport and trust with clients, editors and all stakeholders to make sure final products meet customer specifications and expectations.
Freelance Writer – Memphis, TN 2010 – Present
- Successful ghostwriter for online content platforms, including Constant-Content and Scripted.
- Completed several ghostwritten articles for a third party concerning quality management for the automotive industry – all customer approved and accepted.
- Prepared resumes, cover letters and LinkedIn biographies for The CV Centre, reaching numerous satisfied customers.
- Completed a variety of online articles under the Demand Media Studios brand, including those published by The Chron, eHow Careers and Nest Women Careers (over 200 articles written and accepted for publication).
- Contributing Author, The Gratitude Book Project: Celebrating 365 Days of Gratitude (2012).
- Writing, Training and Public Speaking – Certificates of Completion
- University of Tennessee – Bachelor of Science Degree, Chemical Engineering